Please e-mail your resume by clicking the above link.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Recreation Director for The Retreat RV and Camping Resort in Huffman, TX.
The Recreation Director is responsible for coordinating and executing all recreational activities at the resort. The Recreation Director will work 40+ hours a week. Evenings, weekends, are required as circumstances warrant.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide open communication to Resort Manager and staff.
- Develop a comprehensive recreation/activity calendar tailored to meet the needs of all ages that provides outdoor recreational opportunities, engagement and socialization opportunities, promotes fitness and wellness, education programs, and promotes creativity.
- Organize and oversee events for all areas, groups and private events.
- Coordinate and execute property-wide functions, including holiday parties, fundraisers, shows, arts and crafts, cookouts and other entertainment.
- Coordinate and manage all preparations for activities and events. (food and beverage, entertainment, and all other event related tasks)
- Collect and process ticket sales and activity and event related money.
- Assis in developing, contribute, and distributing to monthly newsletters.
- Find and work with vendors for events and informational seminars.
- Complete regular resort inspections of amenities and recreation areas.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure all company appearance and safety standards are being met at all times.
- Work within approved recreation budget and make recommendations with regards to allocation of funds.
- Work with management in the development and execute a comprehensive recreation plan.
- Provide excellent customer service to all current and prospective guests at all times and possess a service-minded customer-centric attitude. Respond to customer requests and concerns promptly with the upmost care and concern.
- Ensure trash & debris is picked up from around the resort daily.
- Empty trash receptacles daily.
- Ensure all resort streets, common areas, and buildings are accessible and free from hazards.
- Develop a well-defined and organized system to track recreation supplies. Monitors use of supplies and inventory and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Ensure workspaces are organized, clean, and free from debris or hazard.
- Coordinate with and assist other departments.
- Exhibit the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3+ years of experience in events or activities planning.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Possesses sound computer and related software programs abilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs and work with heavy equipment daily.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- RV Park experience a plus.
- LP-Gas Certification a plus.
- Previous recreation/activities experience a plus.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) Certification a plus.
This job description is subject to change at anytime.
Go back to job listings